Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:15:23 PM

How to Adjust Load Cell Transmitter for Positive Voltage?

2 months ago
    #31 Quote
    I have questions about the load cell transmitter ATO-LCTR-DY510. I'm dealing with 2 systems equipped with 500 kg capacity pressurized load cells, and I need to measure a positive voltage range of 0-10V. I've adjusted the dip switches on the transmitter accordingly.
    1. Currently, I'm getting a measurement voltage ranging from 0 to -10V. How can I adjust this setup to measure a positive voltage range?
    2. The load cell has a rated output of 2mV/V x 10V = 20mV. The transmitter's input range is 0.5-4mV. Does this mean I can only effectively measure 20% of the load cell's range, or am I misunderstanding something?
    2 months ago
    #33 Quote
    Lizard wrote:
    I have questions about the load cell transmitter ATO-LCTR-DY510. I'm dealing with 2 systems equipped with 500 kg capacity pressurized load cells, and I need to measure a positive voltage range of 0-10V. I've adjusted the dip switches on the transmitter accordingly.
    1. Currently, I'm getting a measurement voltage ranging from 0 to -10V. How can I adjust this setup to measure a positive voltage range?
    2. The load cell has a rated output of 2mV/V x 10V = 20mV. The transmitter's input range is 0.5-4mV. Does this mean I can only effectively measure 20% of the load cell's range, or am I misunderstanding something?

To switch from a negative to a positive voltage output, you typically need to invert the signal. Check the wiring of your load cell to the transmitter. Swapping the green and white signal wires could potentially resolve this issue.
    2 months ago
    #36 Quote
    Lizard wrote:

Your calculation regarding the usable range seems correct. With a 2mV/V load cell output and a transmitter input range of 0.5-4mV, you're looking at using about 20% of the load cell's full range. This limitation is due to the transmitter's input capacity. It's important to ensure your transmitter is matched appropriately to the load cell's specifications to avoid signal loss or inaccuracies.
    2 months ago
    #38 Quote
    Lizard wrote:

1. For turning around to measure a positive voltage, you can swap the green and white signal lines of the sensor.
    2. The input of the transmitter is 5mV-40mV, which can measure 5mV-40mV. The sensor signal of 0-40mV can be connected to the transmitter.
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #41 Quote
    Consider checking if your load cell transmitter supports a scaling or amplification feature. Some transmitters can amplify small input signals to match the full-scale output needed. This could potentially allow you to utilize more of the load cell's range while still achieving your desired 0-10V output.
    2 months ago
    #43 Quote
    Scott wrote:
    Consider checking if your load cell transmitter supports a scaling or amplification feature. Some transmitters can amplify small input signals to match the full-scale output needed. This could potentially allow you to utilize more of the load cell's range while still achieving your desired 0-10V output.

In addition, double-check the dip switch settings on your transmitter. Sometimes, besides adjusting for positive or negative output, there are settings related to signal scaling or input range. Ensuring these are correctly configured might help optimize the measurement range and voltage output you're aiming for.