Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:17:00 PM

Can a 100 Nm Torque Sensor Handle a 25 Nm Starter Motor Load?

2 months ago
    #24 Quote
    Dear all, I have an ATO dynamic torque sensor model DYN-200 with a 100 Nm range. It is mounted between an engine and pulley via shock-absorbing shaft couplers as seen below.
    Am I able to use a starter motor on the pulley and start the engine? The starter load of approximately 25 Nm will be transmitted through the torque sensor. In other words, will the torque sensor be damaged by the starter motor if I start the engine on the pulley side?
    Thanks.
    2 months ago
    #26 Quote
    The torque sensor has a maximum range of 100 Nm, and the starter motor load is 25 Nm. Since 25 Nm is well within the 100 Nm range of the torque sensor, the sensor should be able to handle this load without being damaged. Therefore, it is technically feasible to use the starter motor on the pulley side without harming the torque sensor.
    2 months ago
    #29 Quote
    June wrote:
    Dear all, I have an ATO dynamic torque sensor model DYN-200 with a 100 Nm range. It is mounted between an engine and pulley via shock-absorbing shaft couplers as seen below.
    Am I able to use a starter motor on the pulley and start the engine? The starter load of approximately 25 Nm will be transmitted through the torque sensor. In other words, will the torque sensor be damaged by the starter motor if I start the engine on the pulley side?
    Thanks.

We confirm that there is no problem and you can use it normally.
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #34 Quote
    Michael wrote:
    The torque sensor has a maximum range of 100 Nm, and the starter motor load is 25 Nm. Since 25 Nm is well within the 100 Nm range of the torque sensor, the sensor should be able to handle this load without being damaged. Therefore, it is technically feasible to use the starter motor on the pulley side without harming the torque sensor.

While the torque sensor can handle the 25 Nm load from the starter motor, it's important to ensure that all components in the system are properly aligned and securely mounted. Any misalignment or loose connections could lead to additional stresses or vibrations that might affect the sensor's longevity and accuracy.