Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:17:00 PM

100 hp Soft Starter Voltage Error

2 months ago
    #21 Quote
    We are desperately looking for some help.
    We are installing four 100 hp (75 kW) soft starters and during the installation of the 1st, we are getting error 10 overvoltage. In the helping message section, it shows 380V, but our soft starters are for 480V applications. We need to change this but can not find the option in programming.
    2 months ago
    #22 Quote
    Martin wrote:
    We are desperately looking for some help.
    We are installing four 100 hp (75 kW) soft starters and during the installation of the 1st, we are getting error 10 overvoltage. In the helping message section, it shows 380V, but our soft starters are for 480V applications. We need to change this but can not find the option in programming.

You can set the soft starter voltage level parameter FN, please set FN=125%, OR FN=130%, and then recheck whether the voltage displayed by the LCD is 480V, and test again. You can also refer to the attached wiring diagram.
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #23 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    You can set the soft starter voltage level parameter FN, please set FN=125%, OR FN=130%, and then recheck whether the voltage displayed by the LCD is 480V, and test again. You can also refer to the attached wiring diagram.

I have tried the setting in FN. but no help. I am showing 150A 380V on the display but my name plate is for 480V. Please see the pic below. Please advise, thanks.
    2 months ago
    #25 Quote
    Martin wrote:
    I have tried the setting in FN. but no help. I am showing 150A 380V on the display but my name plate is for 480V. Please see the pic below. Please advise, thanks.

You may not save the parameters successfully when you set the parameters again, so the display does not change, you can set FN=480/380=126%, when you write 126%, you shall press the Yes button confirm that the parameters are written into the soft starter. Please refer to the parameter settings in our video, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t9IaQBAhTQ
    What type of motor is your soft starter connected to?
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #27 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    You may not save the parameters successfully when you set the parameters again, so the display does not change, you can set FN=480/380=126%, when you write 126%, you shall press the Yes button confirm that the parameters are written into the soft starter. Please refer to the parameter settings in our video, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t9IaQBAhTQ
    What type of motor is your soft starter connected to?

I verified we have it at 130% but the actual voltage coming in is reading 501 volts on the soft starter. So at 130% of 380 is only 494. But the voltage is only reading 486 with a voltage meter. My soft starter is for 480V input why does it show 380V in the programming? This can’t be correct. Please advise.
    2 months ago
    #28 Quote
    Martin wrote:
    I verified we have it at 130% but the actual voltage coming in is reading 501 volts on the soft starter. So at 130% of 380 is only 494. But the voltage is only reading 486 with a voltage meter. My soft starter is for 480V input why does it show 380V in the programming? This can’t be correct. Please advise.

You shall follow our suggestion and set the voltage level parameter FN to 126%, that will be OK, this only displays the voltage parameter, and will not affect the use of soft start. Also, the voltage you measure with a multi-meter is not entirely accurate.
    It is recommended that after you set the FN parameter, as the voltage displayed by the soft starter is close to 480V, you can continue to use it.
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #30 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    You shall follow our suggestion and set the voltage level parameter FN to 126%, that will be OK, this only displays the voltage parameter, and will not affect the use of soft start. Also, the voltage you measure with a multi-meter is not entirely accurate.
    It is recommended that after you set the FN parameter, as the voltage displayed by the soft starter is close to 480V, you can continue to use it.

I will try this but I do not believe this will fix my issue. I have 4 of these to install and I checked 2 of them and they are both doing and showing the same. I need to have the correct ones I have them set at 130% and are still showing error 19 overvoltage. I also have the Siemens pac 3200 voltage monitors installed and are reading 487 volts.  How can I change this to a 480v soft starter? If this cannot be done I. For the field, I need 4 replacement units.
    2 months ago
    #32 Quote
    Martin wrote:
    I will try this but I do not believe this will fix my issue. I have 4 of these to install and I checked 2 of them and they are both doing and showing the same. I need to have the correct ones I have them set at 130% and are still showing error 19 overvoltage. I also have the Siemens pac 3200 voltage monitors installed and are reading 487 volts.  How can I change this to a 480v soft starter? If this cannot be done I. For the field, I need 4 replacement units.

ATO Soft Starter has three voltage levels: 380V, 440V, and 660V. Your soft starter version is 480V, and the corresponding voltage level is 440V. You can correct the voltage level by the following operations.
    1. Switch off the soft start first, and then short-circuit the control terminals number 7, 9, and 10 together.
    2. After short-circuiting the 7-9-10 terminals, please press and hold the ↑↓ keys on the panel meanwhile, then switch on the soft starter again, release your hand after hearing three beeps, and then press the YES key to enter the power supply voltage display interface, and then press the ↑ arrow to switch to the rated current 150A-380V page, and then press the SET key to modify the parameters and modify the voltage level to 440V. After modification, please press YES to save the parameters.
    ATO.com