Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Friday, October 25, 2024 5:50:05 PM

Recommend a Suitable Pressure Sensor for Feeding Pipes

11 days ago
    #241 Quote
    Hi everyone!
    We're working on a project to detect congestion in industrial feeding pipes. These are 75mm bendable pipes used to transport food/feed particles. We're considering using a pressure sensor to detect any rise in pressure that could indicate a blockage.

I found a sensor (SKU: ATO-PRES-P300) that might fit the job. It needs to have an RS-485 output signal. Has anyone used a similar setup, or can recommend any alternatives?
    11 days ago
    #243 Quote
    Lovegreen wrote:
    Hi everyone!
    We're working on a project to detect congestion in industrial feeding pipes. These are 75mm bendable pipes used to transport food/feed particles. We're considering using a pressure sensor to detect any rise in pressure that could indicate a blockage.

I found a sensor (SKU: ATO-PRES-P300) that might fit the job. It needs to have an RS-485 output signal. Has anyone used a similar setup, or can recommend any alternatives?

Hi,
    If you're looking to use a pressure sensor to check for blockages, it's essentially about measuring the air pressure within the pipe. You'll need to determine the threshold pressure level that indicates a clog. Once you have the measuring range and installation method figured out, you can test with our pressure sensor.
    ATO.com
    11 days ago
    #244 Quote
    Lovegreen wrote:
    Hi everyone!

Hey,
    I've worked on a similar project. Instead of a standard pressure sensor, we used a differential pressure sensor. It helped us monitor not just the absolute pressure but also the pressure drop across sections of the pipe. If the drop was too high, we knew there was a blockage. Just a thought in case you're open to alternatives.
    11 days ago
    #245 Quote
    Thanks, ATO and Sailar! Appreciate the quick replies and suggestions.
    I assume the pressure inside the pipe won't reach anywhere near 100 kPa (1 bar), so I'll start with this sensor to get some baseline values. If it goes beyond that, I can always upgrade to one with a higher range.

@ATO Support: Could you clarify the wiring for the RS485 version? Maybe provide an image showing the colors of the wires? Also, do you have any info on the average lifespan of these sensors?
    11 days ago
    #246 Quote
    Lovegreen wrote:
    I assume the pressure inside the pipe won't reach anywhere near 100 kPa (1 bar), so I'll start with this sensor to get some baseline values. If it goes beyond that, I can always upgrade to one with a higher range.

@ATO Support: Could you clarify the wiring for the RS485 version? Maybe provide an image showing the colors of the wires? Also, do you have any info on the average lifespan of these sensors?

We've used the ATO pressure sensors in our facilities, which've been quite reliable. The RS485 wiring is pretty straightforward if you follow the manual, but it's always good to have a clear diagram. One thing to consider, though: if you're working with food particles, keep an eye on maintenance. Residue buildup can impact sensor accuracy over time, so regular cleaning might be necessary.
    11 days ago
    #248 Quote
    Lovegreen wrote:

Dear, the RS485 version comes with lead wires, typically 2 meters long by default. I've attached a picture for you, showing the wire colors.

Regarding the lifespan, it largely depends on the working conditions and environment, but under normal use, you can expect around 3 years of service.

ATO.com
    11 days ago
    #249 Quote
    Thank you all so much for all the great advice and tips!