Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 9:49:26 PM

Recommended Fixed Gas Detectors for Ammonia and Ethanol Monitoring

8 days ago
    #209 Quote
    Hello, I'm interested in the fixed Ammonia and combustible gas detectors ATO offers and have a couple of questions:
    Can the ATO combustible gas detector (SKU: GD300-EX) be used to detect gaseous Ethanol?
    My intended application is to connect a pair of appropriate fixed gas detectors in line with a pump cycling air out of a vessel as a method of monitoring the concentration of Ammonia and Ethanol gas in the vessel. Would the fixed gas detectors be suitable for this application?
    8 days ago
    #210 Quote
    Trostel wrote:
    Hello, I'm interested in the fixed Ammonia and combustible gas detectors ATO offers and have a couple of questions:
    Can the ATO combustible gas detector (SKU: GD300-EX) be used to detect gaseous Ethanol?
    My intended application is to connect a pair of appropriate fixed gas detectors in line with a pump cycling air out of a vessel as a method of monitoring the concentration of Ammonia and Ethanol gas in the vessel. Would the fixed gas detectors be suitable for this application?

Yes, the fixed combustible gas detector can be used to detect gaseous Ethanol. GD300-EX and GD300-NH3 fixed gas detectors would be suitable for your application, just ensure that the pressure is at normal atmospheric pressure (1 bar), humidity does not exceed 80% RH, and the temperature is between -20℃ and +50℃.
    A few follow-up questions:
    1. What gases are in your testing environment?
    2. What is the approximate concentration of Ammonia and Ethanol?
    3. Are you measuring the explosive limit of Ethanol, or do you need the specific concentration? We need this information to recommend an appropriate measuring range and model.
    ATO.com
    8 days ago
    #211 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    Yes, the fixed combustible gas detector can be used to detect gaseous Ethanol. GD300-EX and GD300-NH3 fixed gas detectors would be suitable for your application, just ensure that the pressure is at normal atmospheric pressure (1 bar), humidity does not exceed 80% RH, and the temperature is between -20℃ and +50℃.
    A few follow-up questions:
    1. What gases are in your testing environment?
    2. What is the approximate concentration of Ammonia and Ethanol?
    3. Are you measuring the explosive limit of Ethanol, or do you need the specific concentration?
    We need this information to recommend an appropriate measuring range and model.

Thanks for your reply and the info! To answer your questions:
    The starting gas in the headspace of my system is just air, but I want to monitor the evolution of Ammonia and Ethanol gases as they are products of a reaction in a viscous material. The concentrations of the gases would range between 0 and 500 ppm each. I'm not measuring the explosive limit of Ethanol; I just want the specific concentration (which will remain below its LEL), as well as the concentration of Ammonia.
    One additional question: The sensor's temperature range is listed as -20℃ to +50℃. Is 50℃ the absolute max? My system will be heated to 60℃ for short periods (a couple of hours). If that's too high for the detectors, I can cool the gas phase before it contacts them.
    8 days ago
    #212 Quote
    Trostel wrote:
    Thanks for your reply and the info! To answer your questions:
    The starting gas in the headspace of my system is just air, but I want to monitor the evolution of Ammonia and Ethanol gases as they are products of a reaction in a viscous material. The concentrations of the gases would range between 0 and 500 ppm each. I'm not measuring the explosive limit of Ethanol; I just want the specific concentration (which will remain below its LEL), as well as the concentration of Ammonia.
    One additional question: The sensor's temperature range is listed as -20℃ to +50℃. Is 50℃ the absolute max? My system will be heated to 60℃ for short periods (a couple of hours). If that's too high for the detectors, I can cool the gas phase before it contacts them.

Based on your requirements, we recommend two attached detectors. However, the detector can only withstand temperatures up to 50℃, not 60℃. You will need to cool it down, and it's better to keep it around 20℃ for optimal detection performance.
    ATO.com