Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Saturday, October 19, 2024 2:38:48 PM

Portable Gas Detector for N2 in a CO2 and N2 Gas Mixture

one month ago
    #198 Quote
    Hey everyone, I’m working on a lab setup where I need to measure the concentration of nitrogen (N2) in a CO2 + N2 gas mixture flowing through a stainless steel tube. I’ve come across the ATO Portable N2 Gas Detector (SKU: GD200-N2),  but it seems like it’s designed for detecting nitrogen leakage in air. Has anyone used it for mixed gases? Or does anyone have suggestions on how to measure nitrogen in such a mixture?
    one month ago
    #199 Quote
    Borge wrote:
    Hey everyone, I’m working on a lab setup where I need to measure the concentration of nitrogen (N2) in a CO2 + N2 gas mixture flowing through a stainless steel tube. I’ve come across the ATO Portable N2 Gas Detector (SKU: GD200-N2),  but it seems like it’s designed for detecting nitrogen leakage in air. Has anyone used it for mixed gases? Or does anyone have suggestions on how to measure nitrogen in such a mixture?

Hi Borge! Our Portable Nitrogen (N2) Gas Detector is primarily meant for measuring nitrogen concentration in air or detecting nitrogen leaks, but not for specific gas mixtures like CO2 + N2.
    If you're working with a CO2 + N2 gas mixture, a possible solution is to measure the CO2 concentration first and then infer the nitrogen concentration. Essentially, you'd subtract the CO2 concentration from the total to determine the N2 percentage.
    For this, we recommend using our Portable Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Infrared Gas Detector. You can check out the specs here: https://www.ato.com/portable-co2-gas-detector
    ATO.com
    one month ago
    #200 Quote
    Borge wrote:

I think it is tricky to measure nitrogen in a C02+N2 mixture directly since most portable detectors are designed for air measurements. The best approach is indeed to measure the CO2 content and calculate the nitrogen concentration indirectly. This works if you assume that no other significant gases are present in the mixture.
    one month ago
    #201 Quote
    If you’re specifically looking for a device that can handle mixed gases, you might want to check out gas analyzers that are designed for dual or multi-gas detection. They can be a bit more expensive, but they allow for direct measurement of both gases.
    one month ago
    #202 Quote
    Thanks, everyone! I will measure the CO2 concentration first and then calculate the Nitrogen concentration as suggested by ATO. I will also look at the multi-gas analyzers mentioned. Appreciate all the input!