Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:14:14 PM

How to Wire Fan Motor with 1 hp Single Phase VFD?

24 days ago
    #183 Quote
    Hello, everyone! I'm seeking assistance on the best wiring arrangement for a fan running from the ATO single phase VFD GK3000-1S0007.
    The fan will be used for an industrial range hood. The intention is to control the fan speed, I want 100% at 50Hz and the option to slow it down based on using an external 0-10v pot.
    The fan motor is a 230V with a start capacitor. Is it best to use the capacitor in the circuit or remove it and run the motor as a two-phase?
    I have currently wired the motor using the capacitor and it is working ok, but I'm concerned about using the capacitor it may eventually stop working.
    See the attached photos for reference and let me know what the best wiring arrangement.

24 days ago
    #184 Quote
    Freddy wrote:
    Hello, everyone! I'm seeking assistance on the best wiring arrangement for a fan running from the ATO single phase VFD GK3000-1S0007.
    The fan will be used for an industrial range hood. The intention is to control the fan speed, I want 100% at 50Hz and the option to slow it down based on using an external 0-10v pot.
    The fan motor is a 230V with a start capacitor. Is it best to use the capacitor in the circuit or remove it and run the motor as a two-phase?
    I have currently wired the motor using the capacitor and it is working ok, but I'm concerned about using the capacitor it may eventually stop working.
    See the attached photos for reference and let me know what the best wiring arrangement.

Regarding the wiring of the motor, you can keep the capacitors in the circuit and keep the wiring as you are currently. However, single-phase motors may not be good for long-term and low-speed operation, as this may cause the single-phase motor to heat up. Generally, we recommend running between 40-50HZ.
    For 0-10V analog control motor speed, you can refer to our demo video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STnfr-ZoGWQ&list=PLlo8RulDRnthBFbP4ydheukDSKw2hAfDn&index=7
    ATO.com