Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:14:15 PM

How to Connect Two Load Cells to a PLC?

one month ago
    #175 Quote
    Hi, I am exploring options on how to connect two fluid-damped single-point load cells to an analog input 0-5V, and 0-10 V to be able to process them onto the PLC.
    Could you please provide me with some guidance on this topic? Is there some interface device that would be suitable for this situation, I need to make sure it works. Thanks!
    one month ago
    #177 Quote
    Christopher wrote:
    Hi, I am exploring options on how to connect two fluid-damped single-point load cells to an analog input 0-5V, and 0-10 V to be able to process them onto the PLC.
    Could you please provide me with some guidance on this topic? Is there some interface device that would be suitable for this situation, I need to make sure it works. Thanks!

Hey, I've worked with similar setups before. If you want to connect the load cell to a PLC, you'll need some kind of signal conditioning device. Most load cells output a low-level signal, usually in millivolts, which needs to be amplified and converted to a voltage range that your PLC can read. I recommend looking for a load cell amplifier that supports 0-5V or 0-10V output.
    one month ago
    #180 Quote
    Tommie wrote:
    Hey, I've worked with similar setups before. If you want to connect the load cell to a PLC, you'll need some kind of signal conditioning device. Most load cells output a low-level signal, usually in millivolts, which needs to be amplified and converted to a voltage range that your PLC can read. I recommend looking for a load cell amplifier that supports 0-5V or 0-10V output.

I agree with it. I've used load cell amplifiers from ATO in the past, and they've worked pretty well for me. They have a digital load cell amplifier that should do exactly what you're asking. You can find more details on their website. The amplifier outputs either 0-5V, 0-10V, or even 4-20mA, which should be compatible with most PLC analog inputs.
    one month ago
    #181 Quote
    Christopher wrote:

If you would like the single-point load cells to output 0-5V, 0-10 V analog signals, you can configure a transmitter for it. We recommend using our Digital Load Cell Amplifier, SKU: ATO-LCTR-OAR, see spec on: https://www.ato.com/digital-load-cell-amplifier-output-4-20ma-0-10v-rs485
    ATO.com
    one month ago
    #182 Quote
    Thanks, everyone! This helps a lot. I'll check out the ATO amplifier and make sure it matches the power requirements and features I need.