Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:17:35 PM

Recommend 36V DC-DC Converter for Van Conversion

one month ago
    #173 Quote
    Hello,
    I'm working on a van conversion into an RV, and I'm installing an off-grid 12V system with lithium batteries and solar. I'm also using EcoFlow gear like the Delta 2 power station for distributing power and managing heating/cooling.

The Delta 2 has a DC charging input that accepts up to 500W, 60V, 15A max, and I'd like to use this instead of AC charging. Ideally, I want to output 500W at 36V and 15A. After some searching, I found the ATO-DCDC-1236, which outputs 540W, and it seems like a great fit.

However, I'm concerned about overloading this converter since it will be in constant 24/7 use, topping up my EcoFlow system from my Victron main setup. Would adding a larger heatsink and a Noctua fan help with cooling? Also, what would be the appropriate fuse rating for the 12V input stage?

Thank you in advance.
    one month ago
    #174 Quote
    Freudenberg wrote:
    Hello,
    I'm working on a van conversion into an RV, and I'm installing an off-grid 12V system with lithium batteries and solar. I'm also using EcoFlow gear like the Delta 2 power station for distributing power and managing heating/cooling.

The Delta 2 has a DC charging input that accepts up to 500W, 60V, 15A max, and I'd like to use this instead of AC charging. Ideally, I want to output 500W at 36V and 15A. After some searching, I found the ATO-DCDC-1236, which outputs 540W, and it seems like a great fit.

However, I'm concerned about overloading this converter since it will be in constant 24/7 use, topping up my EcoFlow system from my Victron main setup. Would adding a larger heatsink and a Noctua fan help with cooling? Also, what would be the appropriate fuse rating for the 12V input stage?

Thank you in advance.

Hey,
    We recommend the ATO-DCDC-1236 (15A, 540W) model. If you're running it in a confined space, adding a fan will help with heat dissipation. As for the fuse on the 12V input, I'd recommend using a 50A fuse to handle the current safely.
    Here's the link for the product: https://www.ato.com/dc-dc-boost-converter-12v-to-36v
    Let me know if you need anything else!
    ATO.com
    one month ago
    #176 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    Hey,
    We recommend the ATO-DCDC-1236 (15A, 540W) model. If you're running it in a confined space, adding a fan will help with heat dissipation. As for the fuse on the 12V input, I'd recommend using a 50A fuse to handle the current safely.
    Here's the link for the product: https://www.ato.com/dc-dc-boost-converter-12v-to-36v
    Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks! One more thing—I noticed there are three different model images in the listing for the ATO-DCDC-1236. Just to confirm, which model picture matches the 15A 540W unit I'll receive?
    one month ago
    #178 Quote
    I've been using the ATO-DCDC-1236 in my RV setup for over a year now. It's been rock solid, but I do recommend adding that Noctua fan you mentioned. It keeps the temps low, especially during long charges. A 50A fuse is a solid choice for safety as well!
    one month ago
    #179 Quote
    Good call on the 50A fuse! I'd add that if you're planning to run it 24/7, keep an eye on the heat buildup, especially if it's in a tight space. I had a similar setup and swapped in a fan just to be safe, and it worked wonders!