Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:20:06 PM

Load Cell Impedance Measurement and Installation Issues

2 months ago
    #15 Quote
    Hello, everyone! I have an ATO-LC-TC01 load cell that I think is malfunctioning and needs support with it. The problem is as follows:
    1. When I measure the bridge impedances with a multimeter, I only get 350 Ohms on the Red/White and Green/Black pairings; all other measurements are open-loop.
    2. The top cover of the unit is loose and can fall off the threads, exposing the internals of the load cell.
    3. When connected to the ATO-LCTR-DY510 load cell amplifier, the output from the amplifier is -13V, which I believe indicates that the amplifier is not seeing a proper connection to the load cell.
    4. This all occurs whether the load cell is in tension, compression, or no load.
    Is there any further troubleshooting I can do with this unit? Is there a recommended installation procedure for these load cells to ensure they are not damaged by the tightening process on the threads?
    This is an urgent problem for a line of machinery that is being built currently.
    2 months ago
    #16 Quote
    If the red/white and green/black pairings are only 350 ohms when the multimeter measures the bridge impedance, and all other measurements are open-loop, it means that the sensor is damaged inside. When installing the load cell, do not screw the screw to the end, and the screw should not touch the ring surface of the sensor, otherwise, the sensor may be damaged.
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #17 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    If the red/white and green/black pairings are only 350 ohms when the multimeter measures the bridge impedance, and all other measurements are open-loop, it means that the sensor is damaged inside. When installing the load cell, do not screw the screw to the end, and the screw should not touch the ring surface of the sensor, otherwise, the sensor may be damaged.

Thank you for the support on that unit. I have a replacement, and have another question about it:
    Is there a side of the unit that needs to be on top, and the other side needs to be on bottom? Or is the unit okay with being installed in both orientations?
    2 months ago
    #18 Quote
    David wrote:
    Thank you for the support on that unit. I have a replacement, and have another question about it:
    Is there a side of the unit that needs to be on top, and the other side needs to be on bottom? Or is the unit okay with being installed in both orientations?

Yes, this load cell can be fixed on one end (top or bottom) or two ends (both top and bottom), either is ok. It must be noted that when fixing the screws, there should be a little gap between the screws and the ring surface.
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #19 Quote
    David wrote:
    Hello, everyone! I have an ATO-LC-TC01 load cell that I think is malfunctioning and needs support with it. The problem is as follows:
    1. When I measure the bridge impedances with a multimeter, I only get 350 Ohms on the Red/White and Green/Black pairings; all other measurements are open-loop.
    2. The top cover of the unit is loose and can fall off the threads, exposing the internals of the load cell.
    3. When connected to the ATO-LCTR-DY510 load cell amplifier, the output from the amplifier is -13V, which I believe indicates that the amplifier is not seeing a proper connection to the load cell.
    4. This all occurs whether the load cell is in tension, compression, or no load.
    Is there any further troubleshooting I can do with this unit? Is there a recommended installation procedure for these load cells to ensure they are not damaged by the tightening process on the threads?
    This is an urgent problem for a line of machinery that is being built currently.

I think your load cell might be faulty. It's important to ensure that the screws don’t touch the sensor's ring surface. Also, check if the amplifier connections are secure and correct.