Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:19:54 PM

Looking for a 3 Axis Load Cell for Linear Tribometer

one month ago
    #153 Quote
    Hi, I'm looking for a 3 Axis Load Cell with a capacity range from 1 N up to 100 N.
    Any recommendations?
    one month ago
    #154 Quote
    You might want to check out the ATO-LC-MA02. It has a 100N capacity, and it costs around USD 1337.57. You can find more details, and specs, and place an order here: https://www.ato.com/3-axis-load-cell-50n-to-5000n. Delivery time is approximately 12 days with free shipping.
    ATO.com
    one month ago
    #155 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    You might want to check out the ATO-LC-MA02. It has a 100N capacity, and it costs around USD 1337.57. You can find more details, and specs, and place an order here: https://www.ato.com/3-axis-load-cell-50n-to-5000n. Delivery time is approximately 12 days with free shipping.

Thanks! I have a few questions about this load cell. Do they provide all the necessary cables to connect it?
    Also, how can I visualize the signal?
    one month ago
    #156 Quote
    Ellertson wrote:
    Thanks! I have a few questions about this load cell. Do they provide all the necessary cables to connect it?
    Also, how can I visualize the signal?

Yes, the load cell comes with 3 sets of cables, each 2 meters long, for the X, Y, and Z force directions. Essentially, it works like three independent load cells. To visualize the signals, you'll need three digital display readouts, like the ATO-DPM-LC5D, which is a 5-digit display controller specifically for load cells. More details can be found here: https://www.ato.com/5-digit-display-controller-for-pressure-sensor
    ATO.com
    one month ago
    #157 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    Yes, the load cell comes with 3 sets of cables, each 2 meters long, for the X, Y, and Z force directions. Essentially, it works like three independent load cells. To visualize the signals, you'll need three digital display readouts, like the ATO-DPM-LC5D, which is a 5-digit display controller specifically for load cells. More details can be found here: https://www.ato.com/5-digit-display-controller-for-pressure-sensor

I'm designing a linear tribometer. The setup involves applying a constant force (Fz) and measuring the frictional force in the X (Fx) or Y (Fy) direction while the tribometer moves back and forth. I plan to connect the load cell to a DAQ system to visualize the frictional force, as shown in the image below.

I applied a load of 1 N and recorded the friction force (Fx) during the movement. I repeated the process with 3 N and 5 N loads. Can I connect the load cell directly to a NI-DAQ system to visualize the data on my laptop using LabView?
    one month ago
    #158 Quote
    Ellertson wrote:
    I'm designing a linear tribometer. The setup involves applying a constant force (Fz) and measuring the frictional force in the X (Fx) or Y (Fy) direction while the tribometer moves back and forth. I plan to connect the load cell to a DAQ system to visualize the frictional force, as shown in the image below.

I applied a load of 1 N and recorded the friction force (Fx) during the movement. I repeated the process with 3 N and 5 N loads. Can I connect the load cell directly to a NI-DAQ system to visualize the data on my laptop using LabView?

What signals does your NI-DAQ system support? Is it RS485, or analog signal 4-20mA or 0-10V? You might need an amplifier to transmit the output signals from the load cell. I found this Digital Load Cell Amplifier on ATO.com that you can try.
    one month ago
    #159 Quote
    Stemmler wrote:
    What signals does your NI-DAQ system support? Is it RS485, or analog signal 4-20mA or 0-10V? You might need an amplifier to transmit the output signals from the load cell. I found this Digital Load Cell Amplifier on ATO.com that you can try.

The DAQ supports analog signals of +/-5 V or +/-10 V. Thanks for reminding me about the amplifier. Would I need three amplifiers for this sensor, or is one enough?
    one month ago
    #160 Quote
    Ellertson wrote:
    The DAQ supports analog signals of +/-5 V or +/-10 V. Thanks for reminding me about the amplifier. Would I need three amplifiers for this sensor, or is one enough?

Yes, you'll need three separate amplifiers, one for each axis of the load cell.
    one month ago
    #161 Quote
    Stemmler wrote:

Got it. So, just to summarize, I need one load cell and three amplifiers, and I can connect those amplifiers to the DAQ to visualize the force values in the X, Y, and Z axes. Is that correct? And do they provide the connection cables?
    one month ago
    #162 Quote
    Ellertson wrote:
    Got it. So, just to summarize, I need one load cell and three amplifiers, and I can connect those amplifiers to the DAQ to visualize the force values in the X, Y, and Z axes. Is that correct? And do they provide the connection cables?

Yes, that’s correct. The cables you need should come with the load cell.
    ATO.com