Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:19:18 PM

Looking for a 50 ton Columnar Type Load Cell

one month ago
    #143 Quote
    Hello, I'm considering purchasing a 50-ton columnar-type load cell and I have some questions as I'm new to this type of setup. Can someone explain what a digital panel meter is and how it differs from a transmitter setup? Also, does the aviation plug serve as both the input and output cable?

Any advise is appreciated.
    one month ago
    #144 Quote
    Hi! The ATO-LC-C01 load cell is a good choice. If you want to get results from the load cell, you can use our digital panel meter ATO-DPM-LC5D. This device directly displays the load readings on a screen, making it easy to monitor the load in real-time.
    See this video on how to hook up/set up the display controller:
    Video 1: https://youtu.be/2jLJfYaLi_E
    Video 2: https://youtu.be/FAQ1iFS1QtY
    Use manual: https://www.ato.com/Content/doc/ato-ddc5-chb-digital-controller-instruction-manual.pdf

A transmitter setup, in contrast, converts the load cell’s analog signals into a digital format that can be sent to a computer or a data logging device. This allows for recording data over time or integrating it into other systems. As for the aviation plug, it typically handles both input and output connections, depending on how your system is set up.
    ATO.com
    one month ago
    #145 Quote
    Beyette wrote:
    Hello, I'm considering purchasing a 50-ton columnar-type load cell and I have some questions as I'm new to this type of setup. Can someone explain what a digital panel meter is and how it differs from a transmitter setup? Also, does the aviation plug serve as both the input and output cable?
    Any advise is appreciated.

I've used a similar setup and opted for a transmitter. If you need to log data or analyze it later, a transmitter is more versatile. I used the ATO-DY800 transmitter with RS485 communication, which allowed me to record data on my PC.
    one month ago
    #146 Quote
    Seon wrote:
    I've used a similar setup and opted for a transmitter. If you need to log data or analyze it later, a transmitter is more versatile. I used the ATO-D800 transmitter with RS485 communication, which allowed me to record data on my PC.

Yes, ATO-DY800 transmitter instrument + software + RS485 communication cable can read and record the weight value on the PC. The price of the ATO-DY800 transmitter instrument is 327 USD/unit, and the software is 174 USD/unit. They do not exist on our website, so if you want to order such a package, then just pay the price (501 USD) by credit card at: https://www.ato.com/custom-order
    ATO.com
    one month ago
    #147 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    I've used a similar setup and opted for a transmitter. If you need to log data or analyze it later, a transmitter is more versatile. I used the ATO-D800 transmitter with RS485 communication, which allowed me to record data on my PC.
    Yes, ATO-D800 transmitter instrument + software + RS485 communication cable can read and record the weight value on the PC. The price of the ATO-D800 transmitter instrument is 327 USD/unit, and the software is 174 USD/unit. They do not exist on our website, so if you want to order such a package, then just pay the price (501 USD) by credit card at: https://www.ato.com/custom-order

Thanks for the feedback! I’m almost ready to order but wanted to check if my setup sounds reasonable. We’re trying to measure displacement versus load as we uplift a pipe through the soil. Here’s what I’m planning to use:

500kg load cell (S type)
    RS485 communication cable to PC (custom order)
    ATO's recommended software for data logging (custom order)
    Electric linear actuator (4000N, 450mm stroke)
    Actuator relay switch for operation
    My main question is whether I can measure displacement and load simultaneously. Can I get displacement data from the actuator or any ATO actuator, and how would I route this to a computer? Also, can I control the actuator speed to around 1mm/s?
    one month ago
    #148 Quote
    Beyette wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback! I’m almost ready to order but wanted to check if my setup sounds reasonable. We’re trying to measure displacement versus load as we uplift a pipe through the soil. Here’s what I’m planning to use:

500kg load cell (S type)
    RS485 communication cable to PC (custom order)
    ATO's recommended software for data logging (custom order)
    Electric linear actuator (4000N, 450mm stroke)
    Actuator relay switch for operation
    My main question is whether I can measure displacement and load simultaneously. Can I get displacement data from the actuator or any ATO actuator, and how would I route this to a computer? Also, can I control the actuator speed to around 1mm/s?

1. If you want to record the measurement data of a 500kg load cell (S type) to a PC, you can use the ATO-DY800 meter. Connect to the PC via an RS485 communication cable, but when reading the data, the load cell should be in a stable state, not in the pulling process.
    2. The electric linear actuator (4000N, 450mm stroke) can be configured with Hall signal feedback, and you can calculate the displacement by reading the Hall signal. Currently, we do not have a matching controller and software that can record displacement data on a PC. In addition, our controller cannot control the running speed of the linear actuator. The running speed of this linear actuator is about 3-4mm/s, not 1mm/s.
    ATO.com