Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:17:35 PM

Recommended Portable Hydrogen Detector for 50% LEL

one month ago
    #130 Quote
    Hello, I'm looking for a portable H2 detector that can quantify the level of H2 gas, with ppm sensitivity and the ability to detect up to 50% of the H2 LEL.
    Any suggestions?
    one month ago
    #131 Quote
    Najeh wrote:
    Hello, I'm looking for a portable H2 detector that can quantify the level of H2 gas, with ppm sensitivity and the ability to detect up to 50% of the H2 LEL.
    Any suggestions?

Yes, we offer such detectors. You can check the ATO Portable H2 Gas Detector specs and price and order online. Link: https://www.ato.com/portable-h2-gas-detector. ATO.com offers free shipping with an approximate delivery time of 10 days. There are several measuring ranges available, which you can choose from when ordering.
    ATO.com
    one month ago
    #134 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    Yes, we offer such detectors. You can check the ATO Portable H2 Gas Detector specs and price and order online. Link: https://www.ato.com/portable-h2-gas-detector. ATO.com offers free shipping with an approximate delivery time of 10 days. There are several measuring ranges available, which you can choose from when ordering.

Thanks! I would also like to know what’s the difference between the 0-10000 ppm range and the 0-500 ppm range. We need something that can quantify the concentration (e.g., 1000 ppm vs. 5000 ppm), not just indicate that there is a leak. We want to measure significant leaks rather than minor variations in low concentrations.
    Which range would you recommend? Our alarm system is set at 25% and 50% of the LEL of H2, but it's positioned above where we operate the hydrogen gas.
    Is the device specific to H2? I noticed a calibration kit is available, could you explain how it works?
    one month ago
    #136 Quote
    Najeh wrote:
    Thanks! I would also like to know what’s the difference between the 0-10000 ppm range and the 0-500 ppm range. We need something that can quantify the concentration (e.g., 1000 ppm vs. 5000 ppm), not just indicate that there is a leak. We want to measure significant leaks rather than minor variations in low concentrations.
    Which range would you recommend? Our alarm system is set at 25% and 50% of the LEL of H2, but it's positioned above where we operate the hydrogen gas.
    Is the device specific to H2? I noticed a calibration kit is available, could you explain how it works?

1. The difference between the 0-10000 ppm and 0-500 ppm ranges is mainly in measuring accuracy, but both can quantify the leak concentration at various levels.
    2. Our H2 Gas Detector will show ppm readings on the screen, so it can indicate if the leak is at 100, 500, 1000 ppm, etc.
    3. Yes, the detector is specific to H2.
    ATO.com
    one month ago
    #140 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    1. The difference between the 0-10000 ppm and 0-500 ppm ranges is mainly in measuring accuracy, but both can quantify the leak concentration at various levels.
    2. Our H2 Gas Detector will show ppm readings on the screen, so it can indicate if the leak is at 100, 500, 1000 ppm, etc.
    3. Yes, the detector is specific to H2.

Ok! Does this detector need calibration more than once a year? Is it something we can do ourselves?
    How does it detect H2? I noticed there are pumping and diffusion types of detectors. Can we choose, or is it dependent on the concentration range? Which type of detector would we get for the 0-10000 ppm range?
    one month ago
    #142 Quote
    Najeh wrote:
    Ok! Does this detector need calibration more than once a year? Is it something we can do ourselves?
    How does it detect H2? I noticed there are pumping and diffusion types of detectors. Can we choose, or is it dependent on the concentration range? Which type of detector would we get for the 0-10000 ppm range?

1. It is recommended to calibrate the sensor once a year. We calibrate it before shipping and provide a calibration certificate. The calibration involves three target points, usually 20%, 50%, and 80% of the range.
    2. Yes, you can calibrate it yourself using a calibration kit and standard gas, which can be purchased locally. And see this video for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5L-PHN0cKE
    3. For the 0-10000 ppm range, you would get a pumping-type detector. Since hydrogen is lighter than air, pumping ensures accurate detection by actively drawing gas into the sensor.
    ATO.com