Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:15:52 PM

How to Send Function Codes via RS485 with Torque Sensor and Click PLC?

2 months ago
    #109 Quote
    Hello, I purchased the ATO-TQS-D03 Digital Rotary Torque Sensor and I am using an RS485 communication cable to communicate with a Click PLC for motor control and torque verification. I am looking through the manual in section V. Communication and I am having trouble understanding the function code examples by sending and receiving through the PLC and torque sensor. For example, how would I send the function codes using ASCII or Mod-bus protocol?
    Thank you.
    2 months ago
    #110 Quote
    You can send function code commands and readings using Modbus RTU, the sensor factory default is Modbus, the baud rate is 19200, the communication mode data bits are all 8, and there is no parity check. The check method used by this machine is CRC16.
    03H command: can read the current speed value, torque value, and power value, etc.
    05H command: can complete the reset and restore the factory operation.
    10H command: can modify coefficient, filter, decimal point, etc.
    Communication example: 01 is the machine code, crc0 is the low bit of the CRC check, and crc1 is the high bit of the CRC check. The verification code can be automatically calculated by using the Commix software, and most PLCs have their data verification function.
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #112 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    You can send function code commands and readings using Modbus RTU, the sensor factory default is Modbus, the baud rate is 19200, the communication mode data bits are all 8, and there is no parity check. The check method used by this machine is CRC16.
    03H command: can read the current speed value, torque value, and power value, etc.
    05H command: can complete the reset and restore the factory operation.
    10H command: can modify coefficient, filter, decimal point, etc.
    Communication example: 01 is the machine code, crc0 is the low bit of the CRC check, and crc1 is the high bit of the CRC check. The verification code can be automatically calculated by using the Commix software, and most PLCs have their data verification function.

What function code command would I use for the rotary torque sensor to run a motor until a specific torque is read (1.7 Nm) and then reverse the rotation of the motor in the opposite direction?
    Would I be able to read the coil from the rotary torque sensor and once the torque is read through Modbus function code 3 the direction of the motor reverses or would a different combination of Modbus function codes be more efficient? The PLC software I am using is CLICK.
    2 months ago
    #113 Quote
    Zaalia wrote:
    What function code command would I use for the rotary torque sensor to run a motor until a specific torque is read (1.7 Nm) and then reverse the rotation of the motor in the opposite direction?
    Would I be able to read the coil from the rotary torque sensor and once the torque is read through Modbus function code 3 the direction of the motor reverses or would a different combination of Modbus function codes be more efficient? The PLC software I am using is CLICK.

First of all, if your motor runs, forward and reverse rotation can only be achieved through other controls or PLC, and the torque sensor cannot be used to control the direction of your motor.
    You can only read the current torque value, speed value, power value and other data of the torque sensor through function code 03 according to the 485 communication protocol of the sensor. To write a 485 communication program through PLC, we recommend that you carefully read the PLC-related 485 communication program code and cases, and then write your program in combination with the sensor's communication protocol.
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #116 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    First of all, if your motor runs, forward and reverse rotation can only be achieved through other controls or PLC, and the torque sensor cannot be used to control the direction of your motor.
    You can only read the current torque value, speed value, power value and other data of the torque sensor through function code 03 according to the 485 communication protocol of the sensor. To write a 485 communication program through PLC, we recommend that you carefully read the PLC-related 485 communication program code and cases, and then write your program in combination with the sensor's communication protocol.

I understand. Once I read the current torque value from function code 3, I can store the data in a master address that is internal to the PLC. However, I need to compare the current torque value to a reference, which I am having trouble doing, and then from this reference, we would have the motor reverse direction. What type of data would be stored in the master address as I would have to have similar data for the reference? I have looked in the manual and I noticed address 12H which reverses torque direction. Would that be of any use to us in this application?
    2 months ago
    #117 Quote
    Zaalia wrote:
    I understand. Once I read the current torque value from function code 3, I can store the data in a master address that is internal to the PLC. However, I need to compare the current torque value to a reference, which I am having trouble doing, and then from this reference, we would have the motor reverse direction. What type of data would be stored in the master address as I would have to have similar data for the reference? I have looked in the manual and I noticed address 12H which reverses torque direction. Would that be of any use to us in this application?

Yes, you can read the current torque value from function code 3, and then compare it with the reference value. The data read are all int variables and occupy 4 bytes. This address 12H reverse torque direction is only applicable to the torque sensor you purchased, the output signal is ±5V, and it has bidirectional rotation function. For example, the sensor defaults to clockwise as a positive number display, then if you change this parameter to 12H, the clockwise direction will become a negative number, and counterclockwise is a positive number display. It only changes the positive and negative of the output voltage signal.
    ATO.com