Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Friday, September 27, 2024 1:30:10 AM

10kVA 3 Phase Frequency Converter Issues

2 months ago
    #10 Quote
    Hey everyone, I have a couple of questions regarding my 10kVA 3 phase frequency converter.
    1. When we slightly touch the Phase Switch but keep it at a fixed phase, either at U, V or W the current readings and hence, the power readings fluctuate by a few hundred mA and a few Watts. How can that problem be corrected?
    2. I don’t understand what the information on the display is showing because the phase current shown and voltage shown when multiplied together should equal the Watts shown. For instance, 115V is shown and 11.41A is shown as well as 1205W is shown. So 115V*11.41A = 1312W. Can someone help me understand how to read the data on the display?
    3. What is the function of the black toggle switch next to the amber light beneath the input and output breakers on the front lower section of the unit? The User Manual makes no mention of this. When I turn that switch ON, the amber light comes ON and the power consumption figures at the display increase. When I turn that switch OFF, the amber light turns OFF and power dissipation at the display decreases. Any ideas?
    2 months ago
    #11 Quote
    Michael wrote:
    Hey everyone, I have a couple of questions regarding my 10kVA 3 phase frequency converter.
    1. When we slightly touch the Phase Switch but keep it at a fixed phase, either at U, V or W the current readings and hence, the power readings fluctuate by a few hundred mA and a few Watts. How can that problem be corrected?
    2. I don’t understand what the information on the display is showing because the phase current shown and voltage shown when multiplied together should equal the Watts shown. For instance, 115V is shown and 11.41A is shown as well as 1205W is shown. So 115V*11.41A = 1312W. Can someone help me understand how to read the data on the display?
    3. What is the function of the black toggle switch next to the amber light beneath the input and output breakers on the front lower section of the unit? The User Manual makes no mention of this. When I turn that switch ON, the amber light comes ON and the power consumption figures at the display increase. When I turn that switch OFF, the amber light turns OFF and power dissipation at the display decreases. Any ideas?

We have provided the following answers to your questions:
    1. The power of the touch phase switch will change, which should be caused by a little fluctuation of the load when the machine is working. Because the output power is only regulated and frequency-stabilized, the power and current vary according to the load.
    2. If you think the power display is inaccurate, it is recommended that you use a clamp ammeter to measure the actual output current to see if the actual current matches the displayed current.
    3. This toggle switch adjusts the line voltage and phase voltage (with an indicator label next to it). When the amber light is on, the line voltage is displayed. If the amber light is turned off, the phase voltage is displayed. The line voltage must be higher than the phase voltage, for example, the phase voltage 115V*1.732 is equal to the line voltage 119.18V.
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #12 Quote
    Is the data you provide tested with the connection load?
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #13 Quote
    ATO wrote:
    Is the data you provide tested with the connection load?

Yes, there is a load connected. And I still have a lot of confusion.
    1. I’m not sure if I understand what you mean. I don’t think this is because of frequency stabilization or such. The touch phase switch being touched slightly will cause the display parameters of the current and wattage to fluctuate as a result. For instance, if 1000W is displayed then I touch the phase switch slightly, the Wattage display can change approximately ±20W and the current display does the same. I’ve seen it change more than 20W a couple of times. It’s a behavior that doesn’t always skew the readouts by the same amount. Maybe this is due to a faulty switch that has an intermittent problem. The switch knob seems somewhat loose relative to its attachment point resulting in readout fluctuation.
    2. I have been using a true RMS clamp-on meter to read the line current because of the error shown on the display. One of the major reasons we purchased this unit was because of the readout capability of the unit. I’m sorry but your answer is not acceptable. What can be done to correct this issue? Please advise.
    3. There is no indicator label next to the toggle switch. The output is 115V Delta and is shown on the output display. When the switch is ON, the 115V is shown. When the switch is turned OFF, it shows 66.4V. What does 66.4V mean? In a Delta configuration, the line voltage and the phase voltage are the same thing. The difference lies in the currents because line current and phase current are different by a factor of 1.73. The input is 120V/208V WYE.
    Please advise on how to correct these issues.
    2 months ago
    #14 Quote
    1. If you touch the phase switch lightly, the display parameters of current and wattage will fluctuate. This may be caused by the poor contact of the phase switch, and you can just ignore it cuz it will not affect the use of the device. (The phase switch is rotated by a screw, there may be a problem caused by a nut at the end that is not fixed properly).
    2. Regarding the inaccurate display readings, you need to use a real RMS clamp meter to read the difference between the line current and the current of the display panel, so that we can provide an accurate solution.
    3. There should be an indicator label next to the toggle switch, as shown in the attached picture. The phase voltage of 66.4V corresponds to the line voltage of 115V. Their relationship is: phase voltage 66.4*1.732=line voltage 115V, which is a recognized formula. The phase voltage is the voltage between the live and neutral wires, and the line voltage is the voltage between the two live wires, they are different.
    ATO.com