Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:16:32 PM

Can I Extend My Load Cell Cable?

2 months ago
    #70 Quote
    Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions about ATO-LC-TC01 tension and compression load cell.
    1. The cables attached to my 100kg capacity load cell are about 1.5m. Can I extend these cables without affecting the performance?
    2. The threads do not finish at the main body of the load cell; there is a circular base that protrudes from the main body (red circles). When mounting the cell, does the surface need to be flush with the main body? So it will require counter-sinking the surface I’m attaching them for the main body of the load cell to make maximum contact.
    2 months ago
    #73 Quote
    Janette wrote:
    Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions about ATO-LC-TC01 tension and compression load cell.
    1. The cables attached to my 100kg capacity load cell are about 1.5m. Can I extend these cables without affecting the performance?
    2. The threads do not finish at the main body of the load cell; there is a circular base that protrudes from the main body (red circles). When mounting the cell, does the surface need to be flush with the main body? So it will require counter-sinking the surface I’m attaching them for the main body of the load cell to make maximum contact.

1. Yes, you can extend these cables without effecting the performance, and you can extend the length of the cable by soldering.
    2. When installing the thread of the load cell, there should be a little gap between the thread and the circular base protruding from the main body, and do not touch the circular base, otherwise the normal measurement of the load cell may be affected.
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #75 Quote
    Janette wrote:

For my opinion, extending the cables should be fine as long as you use shielded cables to prevent any interference. Regarding the mounting, it’s crucial to maintain that gap to avoid any potential measurement errors. Proper installation is key to accurate readings.
    2 months ago
    #76 Quote
    I've extended load cell cables before without any issues. As for the mounting, you don’t necessarily need to countersink the surface. Just make sure the load cell is properly aligned and the threads are not exerting any force on the circular base.
    2 months ago
    #80 Quote
    Thanks for all the advice you guys have provided. The circular base protrudes more on one side than the other, is leaving space critical on both sides?
    2 months ago
    #81 Quote
    Janette wrote:
    Thanks for all the advice you guys have provided. The circular base protrudes more on one side than the other, is leaving space critical on both sides?

Yes, leaving space on both sides is critical. If the thread touches the circular base, it can interfere with the load cell's operation and accuracy. Ensuring there’s no contact will help maintain the integrity of your measurements.