Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:19:57 PM

How to Integrate the BLDC Motor CAN Bus with Marine Systems?

2 months ago
    #69 Quote
    Hi everyone, I recently purchased two sets of 3kW Brushless Motor and Controller. The second set, PO 931455, was purchased with CAN bus when I realized that was an option. The motors are part of an R&D project for a hybrid-electric auxiliary propulsion system for a 25ft sailboat. Your motors and controllers are performing well and generating much excitement.
    The sailboat is equipped with a Fischer-Panda marine diesel generator, lithium batteries and a lot of marine electronic equipment.  These are connected and communicating over marine networks including Raymarine SeaTalkng (NMEA2000) and Victron Energy VE Can.
    It was a struggle but I managed to integrate these marine systems but not the automotive ATO CAN bus. There does not yet seem to be a lot of cross-over expertise between these marine and automotive systems. I need help finding hardware and expertise that can help me link these systems to bring the ATO (Automotive) CAN bus information into the NMEA2000 (marine) network. The goal is to display ATO “engine” data on the Raymarine Axiom MFD (touch screen control).
    Thank you in advance.
    2 months ago
    #77 Quote
    Abby wrote:
    Hi everyone, I recently purchased two sets of 3kW Brushless Motor and Controller. The second set, PO 931455, was purchased with CAN bus when I realized that was an option. The motors are part of an R&D project for a hybrid-electric auxiliary propulsion system for a 25ft sailboat. Your motors and controllers are performing well and generating much excitement.
    The sailboat is equipped with a Fischer-Panda marine diesel generator, lithium batteries and a lot of marine electronic equipment.  These are connected and communicating over marine networks including Raymarine SeaTalkng (NMEA2000) and Victron Energy VE Can.
    It was a struggle but I managed to integrate these marine systems but not the automotive ATO CAN bus. There does not yet seem to be a lot of cross-over expertise between these marine and automotive systems. I need help finding hardware and expertise that can help me link these systems to bring the ATO (Automotive) CAN bus information into the NMEA2000 (marine) network. The goal is to display ATO “engine” data on the Raymarine Axiom MFD (touch screen control).
    Thank you in advance.

Maybe you can connect your ATO BLDC motors' CAN bus to the marine NMEA2000 network and show engine data on the Raymarine Axiom MFD, maybe you should get a CAN bus converter that links both systems. Make sure it fits, follow setup instructions, map the data right for the display, and get advice from marine techies for a smooth setup.
    2 months ago
    #78 Quote
    Abby wrote:
    Thank you in advance.

We feel sorry about that we have no experience with the case of combining CAN Bus and NMEA2000 (Marine) Network. We suggest that you contact your control system manufacturer for CAN Bus communication cases or help. For CAN Bus use cases, you can also search the web for videos or articles.
    ATO.com