Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Thursday, September 26, 2024 11:18:47 PM

How to Calibrate the Weight Transmitter with Torque Sensor?

2 months ago
    #56 Quote
    Hi, I have an ATO-TQS-S04 micro reaction torque sensor and ATO-LCTR-OA load cell transmitter. I'm a bit confused about how to calibrate the weight transmitter. I'm using a USB 6008 to acquire the voltage output. Should I be doing the calibration myself? Also, to convert the voltage to torque, is it correct to use a linear relationship like 10V = 3.0 N.m?
    2 months ago
    #60 Quote
    Greg wrote:
    Hi, I have an ATO-TQS-S04 micro reaction torque sensor and ATO-LCTR-OA load cell transmitter. I'm a bit confused about how to calibrate the weight transmitter. I'm using a USB 6008 to acquire the voltage output. Should I be doing the calibration myself? Also, to convert the voltage to torque, is it correct to use a linear relationship like 10V = 3.0 N.m?

I had a similar issue recently. Yes, you should do the calibration yourself.
    2 months ago
    #63 Quote
    Greg wrote:

1. For calibrating the weight transmitter, you can refer to our video, you just need to change the weight to the torque value if the sensor you are using is a static torque sensor.
    See ATO video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3bVCWKPT0s
    2. Yes, to convert the voltage to the torque, a linear relationship is used.
    You can try to connect the torque sensor to the transmitter, and then apply different torques, check if the linear value change of the output is correct or not. if it is correct it means it has been calibrated, otherwise you need to re-calibrate it.
    ATO.com
    2 months ago
    #65 Quote
    Make sure to use precise weights when testing different torques. Sometimes, minor inaccuracies in your weights can affect the calibration. Also, ensure your USB 6008 is functioning correctly and isn’t introducing any errors.
    2 months ago
    #66 Quote
    I've had some experience with this as well. After connecting the sensor and applying the torque, if you find the linear value change isn’t matching up, you might want to check the wiring or any potential interference in your setup. Calibration can be sensitive to such factors.