Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Friday, September 27, 2024 1:18:42 AM

Looking for 12V or 24V DC Motors for My Project

2 months ago
    #54 Quote
    Hi all, I’m searching for DC motors for a project. I’d like to operate the motors at 12V or 24V (12V preferred), ~1,000 rpm, and at ~2 Nm torque (continuous). Additional information below:
    Application and motor’s function:
    Part of a cleaning apparatus, a motor will drive a stiff nylon brush (likely 1-3” diameter and ~4” long).
    Brushless or brushed motor:
    Either should work. We're looking for this product to be low-cost, so brushed DC motors may be better.
    Lifetime expectancy desired (in hours) for the motor gearhead: 5,000 hours
    Battery specifications (voltage and amps):
    We’re hoping to use a 12V (or 24V) battery, which we plan to be solar-rechargeable, as part of the device. The exact battery specifications will be driven by the motors. With this in mind, we’d like the motors to be relatively low-power.
    Max diameter and length available
    The form factor will be partly driven by the motors, but we’d like the form factor to be on the smaller side and portable (can be picked up and relocated by a single person, frequently).
    Movement profile? Speed control or position control? Encoder (close loop) and a driver?
    Our control needs are very simple. Activated by either a sensor or push button, the motors will be driven at full* speed for their run interval (probably 10-60s) and then stop. We don’t care greatly about the acceleration or deceleration profile, so long as it reaches full speed within ~1 second or less. The motors don’t need to brake or come to an abrupt stop – an unpowered spin-down is fine. There is no finer precision control needed, and we don’t care about the motors’ position while moving.
    * Full speed does not need to be the motor’s max speed, just ~1000 rpm.
    If we can meet the torque requirements, we may be able to use a lower  rpm (~750 rpm).  We're looking for products that are in stock that can be ordered quickly.

Please let me know what products everybody can recommend that meet these criteria.
    2 months ago
    #55 Quote
    Mia wrote:
    Hi all, I’m searching for DC motors for a project. I’d like to operate the motors at 12V or 24V (12V preferred), ~1,000 rpm, and at ~2 Nm torque (continuous). Additional information below:
    Application and motor’s function:
    Part of a cleaning apparatus, a motor will drive a stiff nylon brush (likely 1-3” diameter and ~4” long).
    Brushless or brushed motor:
    Either should work. We're looking for this product to be low-cost, so brushed DC motors may be better.
    Lifetime expectancy desired (in hours) for the motor gearhead: 5,000 hours
    Battery specifications (voltage and amps):
    We’re hoping to use a 12V (or 24V) battery, which we plan to be solar-rechargeable, as part of the device. The exact battery specifications will be driven by the motors. With this in mind, we’d like the motors to be relatively low-power.
    Max diameter and length available
    The form factor will be partly driven by the motors, but we’d like the form factor to be on the smaller side and portable (can be picked up and relocated by a single person, frequently).
    Movement profile? Speed control or position control? Encoder (close loop) and a driver?
    Our control needs are very simple. Activated by either a sensor or push button, the motors will be driven at full* speed for their run interval (probably 10-60s) and then stop. We don’t care greatly about the acceleration or deceleration profile, so long as it reaches full speed within ~1 second or less. The motors don’t need to brake or come to an abrupt stop – an unpowered spin-down is fine. There is no finer precision control needed, and we don’t care about the motors’ position while moving.
    * Full speed does not need to be the motor’s max speed, just ~1000 rpm.
    If we can meet the torque requirements, we may be able to use a lower  rpm (~750 rpm).  We're looking for products that are in stock that can be ordered quickly.

Please let me know what products everybody can recommend that meet these criteria.

We recommend our ATO-D5BLD200-12A motor model with 200W power capacity, operating at 12V, 1000 rpm, delivering 1.91Nm torque, protection IP54, and paired with ATO-BLD-30A controller. Free shipping and the lead time will be 25-30 days.
    ATO.com