Close
(0) Shopping cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Shopping Categories
    Filters
    Preferences
    Search
    Friday, September 27, 2024 1:34:49 AM

Load Cell Amplifier Troubleshooting and Calibration

2 months ago
    #1 Quote
    I have an ATO-LCTR-OAR load cell amplifier and I am having trouble getting it to program correctly. I had it programmed at one point, but after switching sensors, it doesn't want to program at all. I've tried factory resetting the display but it doesn't seem to help. I've followed the instructions that came with the display and also checked online resources. What's the correct procedure to factory reset the display?
    2 months ago
    #3 Quote
    You can try the following steps for factory resetting:
    1. Before powering on, press and hold the middle key.
    2. While holding the key, power on the device.
    3. Release the key after the device powers on. This should complete the reset.
    4. When calibrating, make sure to use a weight that is at least 20% of the load cell’s capacity. For example, if you have a 100 kg load cell, use a 20 kg weight for calibration.
    2 months ago
    #4 Quote
    I have done this before and had similar issues. After a factory reset, if the load cell still doesn't give a reading and shows 0 on the display, check the following:
    1. Ensure the wiring of the load cell and transmitter is correct.
    2. Use a counterweight that is at least 20% of your load cell's capacity during calibration. This is critical for accurate calibration.
    3. Follow a detailed calibration guide. I found a useful video on ATO YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD446xVhmAA
    2 months ago
    #5 Quote
    Annette wrote:
    You can try the following steps for factory resetting:
    1. Before powering on, press and hold the middle key.
    2. While holding the key, power on the device.
    3. Release the key after the device powers on. This should complete the reset.
    4. When calibrating, make sure to use a weight that is at least 20% of the load cell’s capacity. For example, if you have a 100 kg load cell, use a 20 kg weight for calibration.

Thanks for the tips! Does it have to be exactly 20%? My load cell has a 5 ton capacity, and I don't have anything heavy enough. I managed to get it working before by using my body weight (about 90 kg).
    2 months ago
    #6 Quote
    Yes, the 20% rule is important for accuracy. For a 5 ton load cell, you'd need at least 1000 kg for proper calibration. Using a lower weight can lead to inaccurate readings. You might need to source calibration weights from a measurement institute or rental service.
    2 months ago
    #7 Quote
    Annette wrote:
    Yes, the 20% rule is important for accuracy. For a 5 ton load cell, you'd need at least 1000 kg for proper calibration. Using a lower weight can lead to inaccurate readings. You might need to source calibration weights from a measurement institute or rental service.

I've reattempted the reset and calibration process but still getting a 0. Sigh, I'm not sure what else to do.
    2 months ago
    #8 Quote
    Duncan wrote:
    I've reattempted the reset and calibration process but still getting a 0. Sigh, I'm not sure what else to do.

I recommended that you reset the display controller and double-check all wiring and connections. Make sure your calibration weight is at least 1000 kg for a 5 ton load cell.